Monday, August 27, 2007

Email Me!

Hello, Hello. I just wanted to add my email address just incase it doesn't show it on here. Please email me at liljtorkrench@aol.com or joshtorreziscool@yahoo.com if you would like me to post something on here. I'll post anything you send me so email away. Just be sure to title the email appropriately or leave a little note inside saying you want me to post it in the blog.

I'd probably just copy and paste your post on here unless I can figure out a better way of doing it. As an example, here is something I wrote in a forum on myspace...

Gimmicks

Bands like Manowar, Kiss, and Motley Crue have forever astounded us with being the loudest, craziest, and biggest bands in the world. But before these bands were known as the titles mentioned, they had gimmicks. Ways of making themselves noticed. Manowar, for example, portrayed themselves as these strong powerful men that dominated over all, when, in reality they were a bunch of average sized guys that could've been beat up by Janet Reno. (Of course, Janet Reno is huge and could kick all our asses.) But they built up these egos that went forever and came to be the loudest band in the world. Kiss was just a group of guys that wanted to be famous, wanted money, and wanted attention. They weren't even a heavy metal band (or even a hard rock band), but they got into the genre by being big and shiny. They were crazed men that I try not to let effect the way I hear their music, but it does. (By the way, I DON"T really like Kiss.) Motley Crue, in a different way, had a gimmick. They were glitter, glam, tough, hard, and tried to be the most lavish band around, even though, I think, a little band called Odin took that title. Gimmick, gimmick, it's all about the gimmick. Even solo artists such as Bumblefoot, who I really like, have to have a gimmick. It's rediculous I think. I say stick to what you are, like Iron Maiden did. Sure you could say Eddie was a gimmick, but I see him as more of a mascot. Iron Maiden set the standard, in a way, they didn't need a gimmick, and even if they had one, I didn't and still don't see it. Now... Judas Priest... You could say their gimmick was the leather, but I think that that was just how they were. (Plus Rob Halford's sexuality coming out.) They were trying to find themselves and their way since they started. Before ghe leather they looked like hippies and K.K. Downing (looking very flamboyant by the way) had a lighter style, with feathery shirts and bell bottom pants.Anyway, all bands have gimmicks nowadays and I don't really like it. I think it's stupid. Get rid of the gimmicks please so I can see you for what you really are and not just a moog. And make your music how you really want it and not how people tell you it's supposed to be. GIMMICKS BEWARE, I"M OUT TO GET YOU!

No comments: